LIFEGUARD SAFETY TIPS
Hawaii's beaches are beautiful but often treacherous.
To familiarize yourself on potential hazards before visiting
please see the Hawaii Lifeguards' site for
Hazardous Beach and Ocean Conditions.
When visiting a beach, please heed the following
Basic Ocean Safety Tips provided by the lifeguards:
- Swim in Lifeguarded Areas
- Ask a Lifeguard About Beach and
Surf Conditions Before Swimming
- Never Swim Alone & Always Watch Your Children
- Don't Dive Into Unknown Water
or Into Shallow Breaking Waves
- If You Are Unable to Swim Out
of a Strong Current, Signal for Help
- Rely on Your Swimming Ability
Rather Than a Flotation Device
- Look For, Read and Obey All Beach
Safety Signs and Symbols
- If In Doubt, Just Stay out!
Click here to return to previous
Us | Sponsor
Join Us Form