Chaminade University’s 14th Annual Nonprofit Organizations One-Day Seminar will take place on September 22, 7am �" 4pm, at the Pagoda Hotel. Early registration begins now through August 31, 2017 with a fee of $199. After August 31, the registration fee is $249. Discounts are offered to Hawaii Alliance of Nonprofit Organizations (HANO), Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS), and Hawaii Association of Public Accountants (HAPA) members. Members should inquire with their respective organizations. For registration and event information, visit cuhnpseminar.org. For additional inquires, contact El Rising at firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 440-4280.
Chaminade’s Nonprofit Organizations One-Day Seminar provides information on recent issues and changing requirements. The seminar examines current legislative and regulatory rules, including new rules on Form 990 and Act 174 relating to charitable trusts and nonprofit organizations. Experts will guide attendees through tax-exempt compliance and review the categories and governing instruments for tax-exempt organizations. Attendees will also learn about new laws which protect a nonprofit organization’s status, the audit accounting standard, use of tax-exempt entities, and strategies for maintaining a tax-exempt status. Session topics include Current Developments in Hawaii Affecting Nonprofits, IRS Federal Tax Update, Fundraising Success in a High Demand World, Business Plan Development, Development Ethics, Payroll Compliance, and Not-for-Profit Accounting Basics, Unrelated Business Income Tax, and Board Governance.
Seminar Guest Speakers and Experts:
- Hugh Jones, Esq., Deputy Attorney General at Tax & Charities Division in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Trever K. Asam, Partner at Cades Schutte LLP
- Diane Peters-Nguyen, Vice President of Institutional Advancement at Chaminade University
- Robin Kumabe, Executive Director at Touch A Heart and Founder & CEO at bCause
- Curtis K. Saiki, Vice President & General Counsel at Hawaii Community Foundation
- Linda Ezuka, Managing Director at Ezuka Law Offices, LLC
- Angela Angel, Vice President & Chief Production Officer at ‘Ōlelo Community Media
- Wayne M. Tanna, JD, LL.M., Professor of Accounting at Chaminade University
- Aaron M. Williamson Jr., CPA, Assistant Professor of Accounting at Chaminade University
ABOUT CHAMINADE UNIVERSITY
Chaminade University of Honolulu offers its students an education in a collaborative learning environment that prepares them for life, service and successful careers. Guided by its Catholic, Marianist and liberal arts educational traditions, Chaminade’s inclusive learning environment is committed to educating the whole person. Here you will find a diverse and inclusive setting where students of all faiths, or none at all, come together in the collective pursuit of a peaceful and just society.
Friday, 22 September, 2017
Phone: (808) 440-4280
Website: Click to Visit
Cost:$199 - $249
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar
Share this Event:Email to a Friend