||IMILOA ASTRONOMY CENTER OF
|| LILIUOKALANI PARK EXIT
||Approx. 5.1 Miles / 16 Mins.
|| Sign - University of Hawaii Astronomy Center
Hawaii's new astronomy center bridges culture with the cosmos, featuring
interactive exhibits and a state-of-the-art 120 seat planetarium that makes the connection
between Hawaiian voyages of discovery and the discoveries made daily by astronomers on Mauna
Kea. The Center has the largest collection of Hawaiian plants anywhere - a 72,000 square-foot-gardenscape.
- Exit Liliuokalani Gardens & turn left onto Banyan Drive
- Go 0.9 mile to end of Banyan Drive at intersection of Kamehameha
Ave. & Kanoelehua Ave. (traffic light)
- Cross intersection & go 1.9 mile on Kanoelehua Ave. to W.
Puainako Street (traffic light - right side)
- Turn Right onto Puainako Street & go 1.6 mile to end of street
- Turn Right onto Komohana Street & go 0.5 mile to Nowelo Street
- Turn Right onto Nowelo Street & go very short way (0.2 mile)
to 600 Imiloa Place (left side - parking lot is in front of Astronomy Center)
Note: Open 9-4 Tues.-Sun. plus holiday Mondays (closed Thanksgiving, Christmas &
New Year's Day), entry charge, tel. 969-9700, restrooms.