VALLEY STATE PARK
AT HWY 380 & 36
Traffic Light in Wailuku
An awe inspiring sacred valley. Location
of the Iao Needle: a State monument and symbol of Maui (2,250
feet high from sea level). Exotic botanical gardens, pools,
waterfalls, streams, overlooks, walkways.
- Turn left off Hwy 380 onto Hwy 36
heading for Kahului
- Go short way (0.8 mile) to Jct. Hwy
36 & 32
- Turn left onto Hwy 32 & go 2.8
miles to Jct. Hwy 32 & 30 (last traffic light in Wailuku)
- Cross traffic light and continue
short way (0.7 mile) on Hwy 32 to fork in road at sign
for Iao Valley
- Take right fork and go 2.2 miles
to parking lot at end of road
Note: free admission. Open 7 AM-7 PM.Tel. 984-8109.
Caution: swim at your own risk-rocks are slippery,
water levels are subject to rapid change. Do not leave valuables
in car or unattended.