AT INTERSECTION OF KALAKAUA & KAPAHULU AVENUES
16.1 Miles / 30 Mins.
A magnificent 400 acre botanical garden
at the foot of the Koolau Mountains planted with trees and
shrubs from the tropics of the world, including many unique
to Hawaii. Hoomaluhia is laced with a network of hiking trails.
- From intersection, take Kapahulu
Ave. to H-1W
- Take H-1W & go 2.8 mi. to Exit
- Take Exit 21B onto Hwy 61 & go
7.9 mi.to Hwy 83
- Turn Left onto Hwy 83W & go 2.2
mi.to Luluku Rd
- Turn Left onto Luluku Rd. & go
short way to entrance gate-proceed to visitor center pkg.
Note: Open daily 9-4, tel.233-7323 (tours), visitor
center, art gallery, picnic, camping, restrooms.
Caution: Avoid contact with unknown plants. Walking
shoes, insect repellent, raingear recommended.